District 2 Vice President:
Hi everyone. I'm Tim Pritchett, and I've recently taken the reigns as D2VP to complete Terry T.'s tenure for 2017. I enjoyed flying pattern in the 80's and 90's as a 'younger man' until life took over. After a 23 year hiatus, I began flying again in 2015, and attended my first NATS in 2016.
As we all know, Pattern is on the decline. Most of this has nothing to do with Pattern, per se, but the whole hobby/industry is doing the same thing, and Pattern is just along for the ride. We'll all have to be vigilent, and active, not only in flying competitions, but in being ambassadors and leaders in the sport. That means PROMOTION! This year will be dedicated to discussions, planning, and activating as many new initiatives as we can to get our numbers moving up again. We have an extensive, non-sanctioned pattern series hosted by our local club, that's easily replicated at any flying field in the country. There are plenty of pilots out there who want to improve their aerobatic skills, enjoy competition, or just like the aircraft, that we need to tap into. Any ideas are welcome, and all activity/actions are all in bounds!
2017 Contest Schedule
April 1 - Judging Seminar Leesburg, VA : Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve.
April 22 - 23 Green Sea, SC
May 6 - 7 Monroe, NC
May 20 - 21 Bealeton, VA
June 10 - 11 Harrisonburg, VA
July 23-29 - NATS, Blytheville AR
August 26 - 27 Culpeper, VA
September 16 - 17 Triple Tree, Woodruff SC: Cancelled
September 30 - Oct 1 Hollywood, MD
October 21 - 22Green Sea, SC
2017 Championship determination
- The purpose of NSRCA District 2 Championship awards is to encourage pilots to attend as many District 2 contests per year as possible.
- Only NSRCA District 2 members are eligible for Championship recognition.
- Pilots must have current up-to-date NSRCA District 2 membership at the time of a contest to receive credit.
- Points per contest per class are awarded; 4 points for first place, 3 points for second place, 2 points for third place and 1 point for all positions below third place.
- Double points are awarded for attending the annual District 2 Championship Contest, if one is designated.
- All contests count for the year, i.e. contests before, after, and including the Championship contest are counted for the year.
- Points earned at one contest outside of District 2 will be counted per year. If more than one contest is attended outside of District 2, only the first contest of the year is counted.
- The Nats Contest will not count.
- In the event of a class tie, the pilot who attended the most District 2 contests will be declared the winner.
- All District 2 resident pilots; NSRCA members and non-members, are listed in the Championship Standings to encourage the non-NSRCA pilots to become members.